Your First Orthodontist Visit
We are always excited to meet new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of taking digital photographs and a panoramic X-ray if needed. Dr D will also conduct a thorough examination and then discuss his findings and potential treatment options. This appointment lasts about and hour. We will gather insight into your orthodontic needs and you will have a great introduction to our practice. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for additional diagnostic records. These records may include additional X-rays and photos, and as well, impressions for study models. These records are necessary for developing your appropriate and individualized treatment plan. This additional appointment will last approximately 30 minutes.
Here are some of the questions that we’ll talk about at your first visit… and we encourage you to ask any additional questions you have as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, but sometimes in more involved cases, careful analysis of the diagnostic records is needed to investigate all the details enabling Dr D to answer all of your questions completely. Developing and individual plan for each patient’s specific needs is necessary and it leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction. For more complex cases we will schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment details and options.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.